Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hey, Jude!



I had a very special shoot recently with my friend Judi and her family. We have the kind of friendship that has stood the test of time because we've always been able to pick up right where we left off, even if its been years. I would have liked for the photos to have been better, but I made a mistake when we were planning the appointment.

I like to do my shoots about an hour and a half before the sun sets, but I didn't count on how DARK it would be on the RiverWalk at that time. The tall buildings and low level of the river really made it gloomy fast, and to make things worse, I was having problems getting one of my lenses to focus. It had been dropped, and that might have been the problem.

Even so, I did get a few keepers-mostly because of the sparkly personality of Michael, Judi's son. What a ham! All I had to do was say, "Michael, laugh." And he would do it on cue. Perfect! I couldn't go wrong with this kid.


The relationship between father and son is exactly how it looks.


I didn't have to prompt this silliness. It's natural for them!



I got a lot out of this shoot. I learned some more about lighting, got to hang out with my friend, and I got to watch her with her family-and these people know how to have fun and just BE. Too cool.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:31 PM

    Leah, you're too COOL!! (Michael)2 and I totally LOVED your BLOG! We feel very honored to have made your post. And in regards to our relationship, I totally agree with you. We've got a unique friendship because we never seem to grow apart; it's as if we've stayed in contact everyday since college. I'll always cherish you as well as our friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."