Tuesday, September 26, 2006

First Wedding

The wedding I assisted with on Saturday night was fantastic. I learned so much that I had to write it down the next morning so I wouldn't forget. I really want to thank Jim Landers, from Landers Photography, for letting me tag along. He has been in business for 10 years and really knows what he's doing. Best of all, he is willing to teach me.

Some of the skills I am picking up from him:
-Where to position myself during the wedding for the important shots.
-When to use the tripod and when it isn't necessary.
-How to set my camera settings for different situations.

There are just a few more equipment items I need before I shoot my first wedding on my own, but I'm a lot more confident that I can do a good job than I was before. And it is even more fun than I ever imagined.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Leah,
    I am glad that you enjoy what you do. I am sure you will do a great job with Casey & Chris' wedding. I am proud of you and your dedication. Love ya Donna

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."