Tuesday, September 12, 2006



My son Garrett had his first soccer game on Saturday. It was a muddy mess in the parking lot and on the sides of the field, but the kids had a blast. They really did a great job of attacking the ball and using their skills, even though they have only had one practice together!

You wouldn't believe who had the most fun. It was Coach Alan! He's the best coach I've ever seen; I think he was born to be a coach. He and Chip are both coaches for our team, even though neither of them know a thing about soccer. Even so, they believe the most important thing is for the kids to have fun, and that is what makes it so great. The thing about Alan is that he's so affectionate and positive and never holds back on the compliments. He hugs the kids and really connects with them. He is amazing.

I don't think its that he consciously tries to be so positive, it is that he truly only sees the good in things, and he always lets you know how good something makes him feel. I love having him over for dinner because he acts like its the best food he's ever had. Hey Alan, I'm cooking enchiladas tonight. Wanna come over?


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Thanks, Leah. You made Alan and I both cry. He's a great guy...I'm a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."