Friday, September 22, 2006

Cramming

I've been working hard lately, trying to learn as much as I can about Photoshop and photography, teaching myself for the most part using the internet, books and instructional videos. Its been slow but steady, and I've really come a long way since two years ago, when I didn't know what the difference was between a point and shoot camera and an SLR.

Today however, things are starting to jump into gear! First, I finally found a photographers workshop that is not too far away and within my budget. It seems that each time I come across one that I think I would really benefit from, it is across the country, or the fee is $3000 plus travel expenses. That might be a reasonable expenditure 5 years from now, but not now.

So this fantastic workshop is right up my alley, it teaches wedding specific techniques for capturing those magic moments, photoshop shortcuts to get the images color corrected without spending all day on one image, and business marketing advice. I can't wait!

And now the best part, I'll be assisting one of SA's top photographers at a wedding tonight. On the job training, at no cost to me. What a deal! I'll have the opportunity to take photos with my camera and help Jim if he needs me and mostly just absorb every single move he makes. I'm a bit nervous, but mostly very excited.

I have at least one wedding planned for early next year, and I am already preparing for it. The bride's name is Casey Urbanowski, and she is the sister of my friend Donna. I'm so flattered that she hired me, especially knowing that it will be my first wedding. It will be here before I know it, and I don't want to let them down.

Well, those are some of the things I'm working on lately for Ever After. Hopefully the effort is visible in the quality of my images, as I learn and grow. I want to say thank you to my friends and clients for taking the journey with me, and for all the encouragement and referrals I've been getting. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."