Thursday, May 18, 2006

Learning photography

I am just loving my photography class. I submitted my assignment yesterday, and my instructor said it is the best one he has ever seen from a student of his! The assignment was to take three photographs of cars as they traveled down a road. One image has to have both the car and background in focus, the next image was to have the background in focus and the car blurred, and the last image was to have the car in focus and the background blurred, like what you might see in a NASCAR ad. Here is my result of the last image:



See how you can read where it says 4x4 on the back of the truck, but the trees, road and tires are blurred. So cool! I am using my camera in complete manual mode, not auto or any of the programmed modes. And I haven't photoshopped this image in any way.

The only thing about the class so far is that I haven't really learned anything new, but I am getting feedback that I need, so that makes it worth it. I really can't wait to get into new territory, though. There is just SO MUCH to learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."