Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom!


I just want to let my mom know how important she is to me. Mom, I could not get by without you. I am more dependant on you than I ought to be, but that's because you are so willing to help. You give me advice, sometimes a kick in the butt, and amazingly, confide in me as if we were friends. I cherish that.

You have always set a wonderful example of how to handle working and raising kids while keeping a great sense of humor. You taught me that sometimes you have to laugh when you want to cry. And you are an amazing grandma, especially to Devon, who needs you so much.

I wish I could have spent your birthday with you today at the best restaurant we could find. Or at the very least, I wish we could have shared a pot of tea in your kitchen.

I hope you have a great year-you deserve it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:31 AM

    Leah, I read this at work and you made me cry! thank God I can close my door. You are all
    the sum of my heart! I love you each in an equal but separate way.
    Tea, soon?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."