Friday, June 06, 2008

Swing Shots

My daughter M has a hobby-she's a swinger! She is perfectly content to sit there gliding through the air for hours. And hours. And that means that I'm standing out there with her, because even though she has mastered the leg pumping thing and can keep herself swinging, she wants company. Someone to talk to, and to push her higher. "Higher, mommy, push me HIGHER!"

Even though I love pushing her, it can be a little...um, boring. So naturally I sometimes take something for me to do-sometimes its the phone so I can talk to my mom or sis, occasionally I read a book or magazine. But most of the time, it's my camera (imagine that!).

Over the last three years, I've collected a BUNCH of "swing shots." Here is a very small peak at the collection:

This is where it all started. M slept in her swing ten times more often than in her crib:


She graduated to a big girl swing before she was one year old:


There are lots of different ways to swing:


Sometimes she swings at the park:



Sometimes she swings in the dark:



I love this action shot. Pure joy.


This one is from last night:


She is getting so big, and I know there will come a day that she is no longer interested in swinging. But that day isn't here yet, and I am thankful for that with every push.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    She is growing up too fast, can you please ask her to stop until I can get down there to see her? Geeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 AM

    What nice pictures. You really have a great ability at capturing wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."