Friday, June 13, 2008

Cantu: Baby Session

I had an awesome baby session a couple of days ago for my good friend Christina, who's baby girl was born just seven days ago.

Actually, the very first session I ever photographed was three years ago, when I took the newborn images of their first daughter. At that time, I used a black backdrop and we pretty much stayed in one spot.

My style has evolved quite a bit since then, so this time around we pretty much used the whole house, capturing images of them in different areas. I think this worked out great, because I'm not so sure the three year old would have been as content to stay in one place for long!

This one is a required shot: Love those baby toes!

Christina is a teacher, and reading to her daughter is one of their favorite activities. I think she read at least 4 books during the course of our session.

A quiet moment with dad:

Christina has the most amazing eyelashes, that her daughters have inherited:

You can't help but fall in love with a sleeping baby:
There are more images here on the slideshow:





Thanks so much for letting me capture these images for you. I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Leah, those were soooo good! If we get even an eighth of those good shots, I'll be happy! But are you sure that was the mom?!? She looked way to good to have just had that baby- admittedly, I'm jealous! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Wow! Those brought tears of joy to my eyes! So beautiful! So peaceful and happy! ~Gina

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."