Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My 101 in 1001

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. A few of the photographers I follow, along with thousands of other people across the nation, are participating in a goal-setting excercise. The challenge? Set 101 personal and business goals, write them down and complete them in 1001 days, which is about 2.75 years.

My plan is to complete as many as I can, and I'm hoping that by putting it all here I can stay on track and have some amount of accountability.

I didn't come up with all of these by myself. Many of my business goals are directly copied from a fellow Gilbert photographer's 101 in 1001-Melissa Jill. I do, however, plan to implement each goal with my own style and personality, so that my business is a direct reflection of who I am, and not a copy of what someone else is doing.

My ending date is Feb. 13, 2013. That sounds like a very long time from now, but on the other hand, 1001 days AGO (August 2007) seems like yesterday so I think I'd better get cracking on this list. Here we go:

(In no particular order)
1. Complete photo packaging-boxes, bags, business cards, ribbon, etc.
2. Hire a graphic designer to design website.
3. Take a lighting workshop.
4. Buy a new computer.
5. Teach a beginning photography class or workshop. Done: June 7, 2010.
6. Hire an accountant.
7. Open a business bank account in AZ.
8. Design and order an Information Packet w/a Getting to Know You sheet.
9. Attend WPPI.
10. 2nd shoot for a photographer I admire.
11. Have professional headshots taken of myself.
12. Have professional photos taken of our family.
13. Purchase pocket-wizards and and SB-800 or SB-900 flash.
14. Outsource my photo editing.
15. Design and purchase 3 new sample albums.
16. Design, order and display in my home an Ever After Inspiration Wall.
17. Brainstorm, market and implement "Date-Night" couples sessions.
18. Come up with 5 ways to differentiate my business.
19. Develop and begin regularly providing session snacks.
20. Write my ideal client profile.
21. Determine my "niche" in photography-just one.
22. Blog something personal once each week.
23. Plan and execute a personal photography project.
24. Enter a print competition.
25. Take Devon and Morgan to a musical.
26. Visit the Grand Canyon.
27. Visit NYC.
28. Take kids on a picnic.
29. Donate blood.
30. Visit my sister.
31. Take kids to a fall pumpkin patch.
32. Develop and implement an "After Booking" packet.
33. Develop a referral gift.
34. Order personal note cards.
35. Begin collecting B-Day dates and send cards out on time.
36. Blog every day for 1 month.
37. Begin sending out Anniversary cards to past clients.
38. Purchase, organize and implement a gift wrapping station in my home.
39. Take photos of my parents.
40. Market and shoot a FB Profile marathon session for at least 5 business people.
41. Keep a list of future possible blog posts by my computer, check off as done.
42. Implement and enforce chore list for kids.
43. Finish the dining chairs (top coat, screw in seat cushins).
44. Paint Devon's chest of drawers black. Done: August 2010
45. Paint TV armoire and sofa table in complimentary colors.
46. Paint china hutch (white?).
47. Buy a widescreen TV.
48. Take kids to Disney. Done: Oct. 15, 2010
49. Get a livebooks site.
50. Get a better blog.
51. Get a wedding published by a wedding magazine or blog. Done: June 25, 2010.

Trying to come up with 51 more might be a challenge. I'll have to think about it for a while. I'll update on my blog as things get accomplished. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."