Tuesday, June 30, 2009

we found THE HOUSE

I'm in love...our new home in Phoenix has everything I was looking for-lots of open space, interesting architecture, wood floors, a huge swimming pool and spa, and IT SITS RIGHT ON A LAKE WHICH IS IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN! Can you imagine? I've been humming the song "Ocean Front Property in Arizona" for days now.

The neighborhood is called The Islands, and it is a gorgeous little piece of paradise in Gilbert, a suburb (I think) of Phoenix.

We found out today that our offer was accepted, and so we are planning to move in two weeks. Can you hear the smile behind my words? I am looking forward to this more than I can say.

I got a few images from the internet of the neighborhood and our house. I hope this isn't the most boring blog post of all time, but I can't wait to show these to everyone:
This is the neighborhood entrance. Very beachy.



This image is of the lake, from a public road:


And here is our house:


The view from the front door:


This is the cozy family room. Well, it will be cozy by the time I'm finished with it!


This image was taken from the house across the water from ours. Our backyard is the one on the right:


A gorgeous image of the Arizona sunset:


As I said, I didn't take any of these pictures so I don't think I'll leave this post here for long-I just wanted to share. Hopefully I'll have some images of my own to post pretty soon!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 AM

    Wow! What a dream! That's a keeper! On the water! How fun!!! :-) I am soooo happy for you - even though I am sooo going to miss you not being here in SA! :-( Congrats! ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie7:31 AM

    Beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Leah,
    I am sooo zealous! I am so happy for you and your family. It looks like Florida (my home state) with all the water and Palm trees! I wish you the best! Congrats! Love Marie and Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley6:20 AM

    Wow! How beautiful! Congrats!! We will miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."