Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Mud Monsters

Last night while digging around my newly built computer, and attempting to restore some order to my mixed-up file system, I came across some images I snapped my my kids on Memorial Day. We were at my in-laws house, preparing for a great day of fun and sun, when the sky opened up and POURED rain for about 20 minutes, leaving a lake of water standing on the lawn.

I was inside during the storm, trying to have a conversation over the thunder and rain. My in-laws live in an apartment that they have built in their airplane hangar, and the sound of the rain hitting the metal roof is louder than you can imagine.

When I ventured outside to check on the guys and kids, my husband informed me that he told the kids it would be OK if they got their feet wet.

As I soon discovered, this is his idea of "wet feet":


Oh, how I love this photo:

My son G is almost impossible to photograph without a surly expression, but he was so happy to be wallowing in the mud that he couldn't contain his joy. Gotcha!

The is T, and yes, he frequently looks like this:

M-sweet as usual:

Another fav, even though he is filthy. I don't think I'd recognize him all cleaned up anyway. G is all boy:


Believe it or not, I don't take as many pictures of my kids as I should. I am trying hard to change that situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."