Saturday, December 06, 2008

Klaunig Family: Lifestyle Session

Each spring I set up a booth at the Kendal Elementary Renaissance Fair out in Boerne. The fair is the school's only fund raiser for the entire year, and it features food and game booths, performances by local karate and gymnastics teams, games and art stations for the kids and a silent auction.

I always donate a photography package, which includes the session, prints and a slideshow DVD, and this year the winning bidder happened to be a photographer! Norman Klaunig owned a very successful studio on Dallas, before moving to San Antonio to persue a new career. I am thrilled and honored that he chose me to photograph him and his family.

The session took place in downtown Boerne, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The Klaunigs didn't want "Christmassy" pictures, and since Boerne was decked out with EVERYTHING Christmas, we had a bit of a challenge before us. Our solution was to head toward the river, and it was there that we got the images that we were after.

Here's a fun shot of the men of the family:


And a gorgeous image of the girls:


The entire family. The three kids are TRIPLETS. Can you imagine the fun, the fights, the love? It must be heaven on earth.


Mother and son:


I saw this sign on the side of a building as I was drivin in, and knew we had to use it. I'm just wondering which of them is "good."

Isn't she sweet?

This guy is very mischevious and incredibly handsome:

And this one is already looking very mature and sophisticated for her age:

Two of them are running for class president at school, so we got some "presidential" shots. Here is one of them:

ER, this one is NOT so presidential, but he'd still get my vote!

Mom and Dad really enjoyed watching the antics of their kids:

It was difficult to get a picture of these three being serious all at the same time, but I'd rather see them having fun:

I didn't ask the Klaunigs to pose like this. They were standing in this position, admiring their gorgeous family, and I noticed the arrangement when I backed up to get a different view of the kids. Perfection:

As we headed back to the car, we spotted one more location at Ye Kendal Inn, which is an historic hotel located right on the town square:

The last image of the day:

Klaunig family, thanks a million for the opportunity to photograph all of you. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."