Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weimer Family: Mission Espada

It is always a welcome change for me when I get the opportunity to photograph families with teenagers. For some reason it seems that family shoots usually involve little ones, and though I often photograph teens, they are usually alone and celebrating a milestone such as graduation.

This past weekend, on an incredibly gorgeous Sunday afternoon, I spent a couple of hours with the Weimer family-Diana, Jim, K and C (sorry, I try not to pair kids names with faces here on my blog). I met Diana a few years ago when our daughters cheered on the same team. She and Jim have made it a family tradition to have pictures made in every state in which they have lived, and I was incredibly honored to take the pictures which will represent the time they have spent here in Texas.

I usually try to leave the choice of location to my clients, and in this case I think they made the perfect choice. Mission Espada is rustic, time-worn, and steeped in Texas history. The weathered walls of the 200 year old mission, along with 100 year old oaks, arched doorways and wooden doors, all combine to provide endless settings for dramatic images:






Thanks guys for hanging out and being such good sports about everything. You're the best!
-L

1 comment:

  1. Leah, do you have a price list anywhere listed? If not, can you email me one? I have another senior moving through the ranks. Thanks!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."