Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Peebles Family: Lifestyle Session

It took a ridiculously long time, but I finally had the opportunity to shoot the Lifestyle Contest winning session. Marilyn submitted an amazing entry, and I have been waiting for what seems like eons for the session day to arrive.

Here, once again, is Marilyn's contest entry:

We love Gruene, Texas. Prior to having kids, Jonah and I spent many weekends there listenting to live music and staying at the Gruene Mansion Inn for a mini-getaway. It is still a place we love to take the boys on Friday afternoons to listen to the sound checks at Gruene Hall or have a frosty beverage at the Grist Mill while the boys play in the open field. The kids love to get a scoop of ice cream or a candy stick from the General Store. So, I thought it would be fun to have a "Tour of Gruene" session, with pictures doing our favorite things there: dipping our toes in the river, eating ice cream on the stools at the General Store, playing pool with the boys and listening/dancing to music at the Gruene Hall, spinning under the stars in the open field by the Grist Mill, etc. I think it would be fun to celebrate our Texas roots with pictures with the boys in Gruene.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the ice-cream shots or the Gruene Hall dancing images, but I think we still got some amazing images.

Marilyn and Jonah, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful family with me. I hope you enjoy the slideshow!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    This one made me get teary eyed. I'm so flying you out here so you can take our family photo's when it gets warm.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."