Sunday, July 27, 2008

Daisy: Portraits at the Southwest School of Art and Craft

I think I have 5 minutes before I have to leave for an appointment, so I'm going to attempt a blog post in that amount of time...Mark, get set, GO!

This young lady is about to turn 15, and her amazing mom is throwing her a huge party for the occasion. I shot the formal portraits for her Quinceanera last week, here are some of my favorites:



Love, love, love the regalness of this one. There was pollen falling all around us from the tree above, and I think it looks almost magical:


We took dozens of versions of this image, and I like all of them, but this one really grabs your attention.


I almost deleted this image because it wasn't centered well, but the more I look at it, the more I like the placement:


This image would be my choice for an enlargement:


Daisy came up with this pose. I love it because it's strong and soft at the same time:


Have you been to the SA Library lately? The enormous purple pillars that accent the enchilada orange walls of the building serve as the backdrop for this image. I thought the yellow of her dress would look striking against purple, but it turns out that my favorite image from the series doesn't include the dress:


Another royalty-inspired picture. What I love about this one is that if you look closely at the top right, you can see what looks like the top of a castle in the distance:


Thanks for a great evening of shooting, Daisy. I hope you enjoyed it!

(P.S., this obviously took more than 5 minutes. In fact, I think it's been a couple of hours!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."