Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hands on Knees

It seems to me that we've had more birthdays to celebrate this summer than usual, but I'm sure that can't be true. Actually more is better, it means more friends and more partying and definately more stuff to keep us busy.

My best friend Gina celebrated her 21st birthday last week(that's my story and I'm sticking to it). We had an old-school, bonafide, girls-night-out; the kind that starts with a day at the spa and ends with breakfast at Denny's at 4 AM. And I'm tellin you, "What happens at Denny's, stays at Dennys."

OK, about the above title, I was excited about our plans while getting ready at home, dancing around the house. My 14 year old daughter just about DIED at how I dance, and told me not to do that in public. So I said, "Well then how am I supposed to dance?" (Little does she know that I was and AM a great dancer)

She just rolled her eyes and said, "Hands on knees, mom. Duh."

So guess what I did? Yeah, baby. Hands on knees. Dirty.

OK, well that is all I can tell you about that night, but I can share some pics.



This is the whole group of us at the beginning of the night. Left to right, Donna, Christina, Maria, Gina the Birthday Girl, Me, Lisa.


Me and Lisa. Good Lord I need a new hair style:


If you only knew how many pictures I have of the two of us just like this one starting from 1983. But we used to have really big hair-and hats.


Maria brought along confetti poppers to surprise Gina with. We are really retarded and don't get out much.
This is me and Donna, another friend of mine since we were kids:
So yesterday I went to a different kind of birthday party, the kind that I go to most often: a kids pool party. Still lots of fun, any time I can socialize with other grownups for a few hours is fun for me.

Here is the the birthday boy. I think his momma's in for a heap of trouble in about 8 years. April, you better get a big stick to beat off the girls.

And this cutie was one of my all-time favorite babysitters, until she aged out of the program. I hate it when that happens.

This is L, another fav of mine to photograph.

This scary thing belongs to me:

Group photo! I love looking back at the group photos from when I was young, so I always try to remember to get one. I did take one where all the kids are looking forward and smiling, but this one makes me smile.


To see the rest of the images, click here. You will have to type in W's sisters name, but if you don't know how to spell it, it ends with ey, not ie.

Happy Birthday G and W! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:39 PM

    I LOVE YOU TOO!! That night was remarkable and a fabulous way for me to start my new journey past 40!! :-) THANK YOU for being my friend!!! :-) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."