Monday, June 07, 2010

101 in 10001: Photography Lessons!

Last week, during my Krause Family Lifestyle session, Suzette told me that she would love to be able to take better pictures of her son and asked me if I would give a her a lesson. Well, it just so happens that giving photography lessons was one of the goals I made in my 101 in 1001 list a few weeks ago, so of course I jumped at the chance!

We decided to meet early (6:30 AM)on Saturday morning for a few reasons: it would still be cool enough for her to be comfortable (she is pregnant and due in just a few weeks), the park wouldn't be crowded at that time so there was no worry about having other people in the background, the early morning light would be beautiful, and because her son wakes early anyway and would be in a great mood and thus a fantastic photo subject.

We scored on all points, the greatest being our fantastic photo subject! Suzette's son is A D O R A B L E and he was so well behaved.

I was able to demonstrate the best way to ensure consistant results when shooting in overhead sun, how to look for the best light, what to do if you can't find good light and what the best settings are for general shooting.

I hope that Suzette walked away with some new knowledge, I know that she will walk away with some great shots of her son:
















I am beginning to consider giving individual lessons on a regular basis. If anyone else is interested, please let me know! It will help me if I know how much interest there is.

Thanks Suzette for being my first student. I had a blast and hope that you learned some things you can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."