Monday, June 14, 2010

MOMS: Not All Superheros Wear Capes

This past weekend was the weekend from hell. My 5 year old puked her brains out all day and into the night on Saturday. I thought I'd never see then end of dumping out her bucket, wiping her little face, and washing endless loads of laundry because she didn't ALWAYS make it into the bucket.

Sunday, bright and early, one of my sons took over the vacant position of puke master. By noon, my husband and I joined in, and later that afternoon, my other son decided he didn't want to be left out. Have you EVER had to take care of three kids, two of them alternating throwing up with diarrhea, while experiencing the same thing yourself?

Cruel. It was just so damn cruel. I cried for my mommy.

By today, Monday, everyone was recovering nicely, except my husband, who still did not leave his bedroom the whole day. What is up with that? I would have LOVED to spend the day (two of them, actually) simply being sick in bed with no other responsibilities. Was this on the mommy job description? I'm pretty sure I didn't initial that line.

I pray that in the future, we are allowed to vomit our guts out one at a time. I can handle days and days of taking care of sick kids, as long as I am allowed to lay my own puking head down for more than 5 minutes.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."