Monday, September 21, 2009

Ever After Contest!

I love a good contest, so its time to host one for my new Arizona friends. The prize-a FREE Ever After Lifestyle Family Session! To enter, put your session suggestion in the comment section of this post. I'm looking for the most interesting session-for example:

"We want pictures of our family while we fish together from our backyard" (if you happen to live on a lake).

or

"We would like you to photograph us during the Halloween season while the kids pick out pumpkins at the Pumpkin patch."

or

"I'd love to have photographs of my daughter at one of her soccer games."

The key to a successful Lifestyle shoot is that your family needs to be engaged in an activity together, it can be something exciting and fun, or relaxed, but the thing I'm not looking for is posed pictures at a park or in your home (although of course we'll get some of those, too). The activity needs to take place within 25 miles of Gilbert ,and can occur anytime within the next six weeks. You will get a free session and a CD of all final images, to print anywhere that you choose. This is a $300 value!

But wait, there's more...everyone who enters qualifies for an automatic 50% discount if you book the session that you describe.

This contest was super popular last year-I recieved dozens of entries and had an incredibly difficult time choosing the winner. Check out last years winning entry:

"We love Gruene, Texas. Prior to having kids, Jonah and I spent many weekends there listenting to live music and staying at the Gruene Mansion Inn for a mini-getaway. It is still a place we love to take the boys on Friday afternoons to listen to the sound checks at Gruene Hall or have a frosty beverage at the Grist Mill while the boys play in the open field. The kids love to get a scoop of ice cream or a candy stick from the General Store. So, I thought it would be fun to have a "Tour of Gruene" session, with pictures doing our favorite things there: dipping our toes in the river, eating ice cream on the stools at the General Store, playing pool with the boys and listening/dancing to music at the Gruene Hall, spinning under the stars in the open field by the Grist Mill, etc. I think it would be fun to celebrate our Texas roots with pictures with the boys in Gruene. "

And here is the slideshow from Marilyn's ultra-fab shoot:




The contest will run for one week, so get your Lifestyle Session suggestion to me by Monday, Sept. 27, 2009.

Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    How about a family playing at the park - some place pretty with water and flowers.
    Some nice shots would be mom playing with new baby; dad playing with 7 year old son;
    family enjoying eachother's company on picnic blanket with hyper little dog. What
    d'ya think?? :)
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Oh my gosh, I would love for you to capture some pictures of my little girls playing dress up in their room. They just love to pretend, and are so stinkin cute when they put on the fancy princess dresses and my high heel shoes. I have seen your work, and we would cherish these pictures forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, Jeff Duncan (your Realtor) told me we HAD to enter your contest. My good friend Suzi Kaminsky has already pointed me in the direction of your site and your work is beautiful.

    Jeff and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend and would love to get some new pictures capturing us with our adorable little girls, age 5 and 2 1/2. Some of the things we like to do together are play at the park, go on walks with our dog, Jesse and go to the zoo. The girls also like to stay home and dress up and put on 'shows'. It sure would be cute to capture some of these moments in their dress up outfits, playing princess, having a tea party... just being girly. My poor husband is outnumbered (even our lab is a girl) but he loves it too!
    Thanks,
    Joanne Duncan
    480.239.3662

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family is very earth and outdoorsy. We love to be outside doing just about anything, but camping and hiking are our most favored family traditions. We go as often as possible. In fact, my eldest son’s very first hike was in the baby carrier at four weeks old. Some of our most special celebrations have been spent hiking or camping. My husband and I loved our backpacking trip to celebrate our first anniversary. And each year we hike for husband’s May birthday.
    I recently had a little baby boy. Because he was born in the summer, our family has not been able to get out to enjoy any hiking this season being that the baby was so little and the sun was so hot. However, with the weather cooling down and the baby now three months old, I am excited to get outdoors with my family!
    Peralta Trails in the Superstition Mountains is an easy hike with beautiful vistas overlooking what seems like endless horizons of hills and mountains. Although it is close to the city, one would think he or she is in the middle of Mother Nature’s glorious desert. There is water there so the desert is not dry and dusty but full of green plants and life. The rock formations are breath-taking.
    I would love for you to capture our family enjoying what we love – being outdoors together. It would mean so much to have our baby’s first family hike memorialized by your gorgeous photography.
    Thank you for having this amazing contest and thank you for considering my entry.
    Best Regards,
    Heather Robinson

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."