Thursday, April 23, 2009

Paulette Clay: Event Coordinator

Late yesterday afternoon I had the absolute best time photographing Paulette Clay, who is the visionary behind Visionz, a wedding and event planning company.

Paulette and I went to high school together, and after all these years the thing that stands out in my mind about her is her amazing smile. I'm talking Julia Roberts, here - big, genuine and infectious. She has the kind of smile that makes you feel warm, happy, and very interesting, even if you weren't already having that kind of a day.

But I think her heart is even bigger than her smile. She spent a little time filling me in on how she came to begin her own company during these rocky economic times, and how she just knows that this is what she is meant to do. She is taking a huge leap of faith, but everything in the universe is telling her that she isn't jumping blind, that she is doing the right thing. I think she is going to be wildly successful, and its killing me that I won't be here in SA to watch as it happens.

For her session, we headed out to The Vineyards Restaurant, one of my favorite spots on earth. It is located just a bit past the city of Garden Ridge, right at the edge of Texas Hill Country. I don't know which is best, the beautiful location or the food, but the combination is perfection, making it an amazing choice for a very special dinner or a wedding. A huge thanks goes to the manager, John, for allowing us to use the grounds of the restaurant for the session.

See what I mean about her smile?


She can look fierce, too:


And sweet:


It usually takes 30 minutes for people to warm up enough for a good hard laugh. Paulette was cracking up less than two minutes after she arrived:





One of my favs:






Sorry Paulette, I HAD to post these. Don't get mad.



Paulette is currently booking events and weddings for 2009 and 2010, and I completly recommend her for both her personality and her work. Her website will be live very soon, in the meantime you can call her at (210) 452-7874. She is sure to bring you a smile!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad about you moving! Are you doing the fishing shoot before you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:31 PM

    The "cracking up " Paulette is the one I remember from High school! Looks like you guys had a great session. Good Luck to you both on your endeavors.I am confident you'll both do fabulous....... ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee Johnson7:16 PM

    You go little cuz, My prayers are with you and the new company. I wish you all the best in the future. Love the pictures lookin like (Nay). I may have some clients for here in B-more.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."