Friday, April 10, 2009

Mercado Family: Lifestyle Session


As you may know by now, casual and relaxed family sessions are one of my favorite kinds of shoots. I get to go into someones house, get to know them a bit, and capture everyone relaxing and interacting in the place where they feel most comfortable-home.

The Mercados welcomed a new baby boy into the family a few weeks ago, making them a family of six! It is definitely a happy home, with love and joy in every hug, kiss and smile.

We started the session with baby A, who was fast asleep when I arrived:

Baby toes!


Soon after, his big brothers and sister joined us, fighting over who got to hold the baby.


I adore freckles.



This little guy needed a bit longer to warm up to me.




We did a special shot of everyones favorite toys, with a little mischief going on in the background:



One of my favorites from the day:



I always love to include the family art gallery:



They fell for all my jokes:








Father and son, doesn't it pull at your heart just a bit?


Another fav:

And we are back where we started, with baby A asleep in his swing. Is that a smile I see? Beautiful.


I forgot to say goodbye to all the kids when I left that day. I hope you know how much I enjoyed spending time with all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Andie6:03 PM

    You really caught the essence of this family. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."