Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Moore Family: Lifestyle Session

It seems I'm on a roll lately of doing shoots for my former Judson High School classmates (Go Rockets!).

Krista and I haven't seen each other in years, in spite of being two of the few '86 grads still here in the SA area. It turns out that we have a lot in common, with her girls and mine in cheerleading, and I wish we could have hung out a bit more. As it happens, when we do finally make our move to Phoenix I'll be in the same town as Krista's best friend Suzi, and this time I'm going to make a point of keeping in touch with both of them, near and far!

Krista lives in Texas Hill Country, one of my favorite spots on earth, and she wanted her photographs to reflect who they are and where they come from. I think the location we settled on is absolutely perfect: Rock Wall Ranch just past Garden Ridge.

This is Krista's youngest. Isn't she an absolute doll?



And her older daughter is just beautiful:



Everyone in the family has a name that starts with "K" Here are Krista and KaCey:




I didn't have to do much to encourage them to play:




Love this gorgeous light:



The girls wanted to jump off this wall, all I could think of was "please don't break your legs!!"



Look out Taylor Swift, K Moore is hot on your heels!

Fierce!











I did mention that they are cheerleaders, right? Nothing shy about these girls.




Krista, your family is incredibly beautiful. Thank you so much for allowing me to photograph them and spend a little time with you.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Thank you so much Leah - you have captured some great shots! I can't wait to see them all. ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Wow! What a fabulous session! Krista your girls are sooo photogenic and just adorable! Congrats! :-) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job as usual Leah! I'm so sad you're leaving, but I'm sure you won't miss a beat w/your business in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Love them, can't wait to see all of them. Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Gorgeous family Krista!!! Can't believe how grown up the girls have become ~ soo mature and beautiful! Leah ~ Awesome job capturing the precious moments! Jennann

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."