Monday, May 18, 2009

Big Day

Early Saturday morning, before my eyes had opened, I felt an eager anticipation for the day which lay ahead. The next 10 hours were to be filled with activity: two baseball games, a pizza party, a hair appointment, a nail appointment, my mom's birthday, and PROM. Emphasis on the prom part, because that alone would normally have taken up every bit of my attention on an otherwise uneventful day.

I felt anxiety slowly beginning to take a hold of me, because most of the day's activities were overlapped and Chip would be working and unable to help shuttle everyone to where they needed to be. A quick call to my mom (during which I forgot to tell her Happy Birthday) settled matters; she was available to help out.

As the day quickly progressed plans changed due to the weather, but everyone got to where they needed to be on time and with the appropriate gear. I was finally able to focus my attention on the highlight of the day-D's first prom.

The first appointment was for her hair. She wanted an up-do, and I was just happy that she was open to my suggestions on the style. We disagreed about how much hair should hang down covering her eyes, but as I remembered all the disagreements that I had with my mom over my prom hair I quickly closed my mouth.

D, all smiles before the work began:


This is Janie, D has been going to her since her very first haircut:


Side view:


D thinks it's "too big!":


Putting on the finishing touches:


All done!


Love this one:


And here is D with her date, J. They looked fabulous!











I think they had a great time, I know I did!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Wow! What beautiful happy smiles! Love the pics! It DOES look they had a great time! Including you "Mom"!!! ~GH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, that girl is GORGEOUS! I don't know how you are beating those boys off! My very favorite photo of these is the last one. The perspective is great. And the dress...love it! So different and the color is perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie9:05 AM

    Ok, I'm actually crying. She really has grown up way to fast. Sob, sob. She looks amazing, and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Go mom go! :P
    Haha thanx fer letting me go! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww......she is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Leah - she is gorgeous!! My girls have been going to Estella (works with Janie) since they were little. Dress is a knock out and so unique. Fantastic photos. I love the window shot also.
    ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley11:13 AM

    Omg! I can’t believe I missed this! I was home Saturday?! She looked beautiful. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh she's BEAUTIFUL!! how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:22 AM

    She is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I love that dress.

    How funny, Janie did my hair for the wedding. SMall world.

    I hope she had a blast.

    -Mandy Martin

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."