Sunday, April 06, 2008

Flutter Lady

My feeble attempt at FlyLady last week resulted in the house looking worse today than it has ever looked. But tomorrow is a new day.

I think I set my goals too high. I usually get up early enough, but then I get on the computer after G and D go to school and don't I get off of it until about noon. (OK, yes I get T and M up and feed them, but the majority of my time is spent right here where I'm parked at this moment.) So then, I made the Fly plan of getting up BEFORE the kids, showering, starting some laundry, making my bed, and on and on. It worked for exactly one day. The rest of the week I slept until my normal time, didn't do a thing to get dressed, not a thing to the house, no laundry, you get the picture.

Here is my new Morning Routine: (If you aren't familiar with Fly Lady's Routines, click on the link above and maybe we can do this together. It isn't really hard, it just takes a certain dedication.)

Wake, brush teeth.
Wake D and G and get them off to school.
Start one load of laundry.
Shower.


I am also going to Shine my Sink tonight, get ready for bed before its bedtime, and go to bed on time.

This isn't the first time I've done the Fly Lady thing, and each time that I start I pick up a new habit that sticks.

Let me know if you'd like to Fly with me. Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."