Friday, November 02, 2007

Things That Scare Me

I have had the hardest time posting images to my blog lately, and it seems I'm not alone. It might be time for me to look for another blog hosting company soon, but I'll give this one a little longer to get things straightened out.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled program! Halloween was a huge success at our house. We had an Eskimo, who was sad to discover that everyone thought she was Pocahantas, a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and a scary murderer. I went as The Mom of Four Kids, boring but still scary!






Apparently six is the golden age for boys to begin to really dig the scary part of halloween. "G" didn't want me to display anything cute this year, such as my collection of scarecrows or my dancing ghosts. He wanted our house to be "SCARY and CREEPY and NOT STUPID!!!" Hmmm...maybe next year. I'm just not into all that dark stuff, but it does sound good to do something different.

G loves how scary he looks here. It took 5 or 6 frames to get this one right.



Speaking of creepy, I've taken a couple of images lately of things that scare the bejezzsus out of me. There sure have been a lot of ginormous spiders around here lately, I guess because of all the rain we've had.

This is a Banana Spider. Nothing sweet about it.

Same kind of spider, but this one was on the other side of our house. Brothers, I guess.

Now this ugly crinkled up thing was found already dead in our cul de sac, but I saw it slither across the sidewalk TWO FEET IN FRONT OF ME when I walked to my neighbors house a couple of days before.

If anyone can identify it, I'd love to know. My neighbor thinks it is a Coral Snake. The poisonous kind. Now THATS scary!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Yikes Leah! It is a coral snake!

    Rhyme: Red and yellow kills a fellow. Red and black is safe for Jack. Coral snakes [venomous] have red and yellow touching; scarlet king snakes [non-venomous] have red and black.

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 PM

    So according to the rhyme, that is a poisonous snake you have there! Yikes! The picture of your D. is absolutely gorgeous. Are you carrying a big stick to beat all those boys away?! (It might be good for the snakes too!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."