Sunday, June 25, 2006

Girl's Trip!



I'm back today from a much needed vacation-a girls trip to the lake! I had absolutely the best time with my girlfriends Gina and Donna, who I've known since elementary school. We laughed, partied, talked for hours, and stayed up whispering all night, just like we did almost 30 years ago at our slumber parties. I am refreshed and renewed, and ready again for the daily grind.

The best part of the weekend? New friends! Our hosts,Robin and Karen Ruff, whom I had never met before Friday, were truly amazing. I can not imagine nicer people. They were laid back, warm, super friendly people who had no reason to extend their hospitality to us, but they did it so graciously. I think we all felt very welcome, and we had a blast.

On the second day of our trip, many more people arrived at the lakehouse, and then the party really started. I met so many fantastic people and I loved every minute of it. I told my husband Chip when I got home that that is the lifestyle I want for us. I'll make whatever sacrifices I have to if it means we can have a weekend house on the lake, and invite friends to share it with us just like Robin and Karen do. That is my dream.

Here are a few photos from the weekend. I'll put the rest on my website in a day or so.

This is Robin and Karen


Just the girls...that's me in the middle, Gina on my right and Donna on my left. Behind me are two of the girls we met, Trisha and Wendy.


Gina catching some rays...


These are the best behaved kids EVER. I got to spend a little time with Mariah as we crossed the lake on a jet ski, and she is just a doll. That's her in the middle, her sister Katelyn in the back and Jonathan in front. I hope I'm spelling everyone's names right!
















Wow, it is so nice to get away, and even better to be back home again. I really missed Chip and the kids, who had a great weekend of their own.

Donna, Gina and I have made a pact to have a girls trip every year, and Carrie, you had better come next time!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:47 AM

    Leah,
    You are right the trip was amazing. I am so looking forward to years to come and more trips with the girls. Your photos are truly show that everyone is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."