Monday, June 05, 2006

Dumb, dumb, dumb

We went on a weekend getaway with the kids to Port Aransas so that the kids could see the beach for the first time EVER...and I didn't take a camera!!!!!!!!!!!

I could kick myself. There were fantastic photo opportunites everytime I turned around-Morgan holding a tiny little crab in her tiny little hands, Garrett and TJ "jumping" the waves, Devon digging for seashells and crabs. UGGHHH!! And the light was PERFECT because we get there late in the afternoon and the setting sun was just gorgeous.

It was a last minute trip and we didn't have time to get even a disposable camera-everything was go, go, go the whole time we were there.

I'll just have to have these memories stored in my head instead of on paper, but its really making me sad.

The whole trip was remarkable mostly because my husband HATES the beach, and has said that he would never, ever go. So when he asked me at 11am on Saturday if I would like to pack everyone up and go (its a 3 hour drive), I didn't give him time to change his mind. We were on the road in exactly two hours!

We had a great time. We got to relax a little, hang out with our friends who were already there, and watch the kids play all weekend. For me, it was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."