Monday, February 16, 2009

Ashley: Senior Session

Days like yesterday are why I love what I do so much. The setting: Gruene, Tx. The weather: Sunny, a few clouds, and absolutely perfect. The reason for the shoot: Senior photos of one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever met.

Ashley arrived for her shoot with her mom and a friend, deeply engrossed in a game that I can only call "Think of Every Word You Have Ever Heard of That Begins With the Letter 'C." You wouldn't believe some of the words these girls came up with, one right after the other, keeping them giggling and thoughtful and completly engrossed in outdoing each other for hours on end. Continue, cataclysmic, constellation, Capricorn, clarify. Even I joined in after a while, although my first contribution was a lame one-camera. Eventually, though, I scored a response of "good one!" The problem is that I can't seem to stop playing.

Create, changeling, color, colorize, chloroform, complete, completly, crystal, can't anyone cause me to cease? This is completly crazy!

Inspite of the silliness, or more likely because of it, the shoot was a dream job-effortless and fun. Ashley wanted natural images, nothing too posed or contrived, and I think we got exactly that.












And now the best part...in a few weeks I will be photographing Ashley again, along with the rest of her family. I am simply overcome with excitement. Pinch me!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. She is a very photogenic young lady. The scenery is great too. What a good place to take photos..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 AM

    These photos are great! What a beautuful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:56 PM

    She really is a very pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:25 PM

    gorgeous girl! And what a great shoot!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."