Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chilly Willy

New rule-no more sessions in cold weather! It just doesn't work, not for me or my client or the final look of the images.

I photographed a fabulous family recently, but the wind and biting cold really put the brakes on the session. We ended it after about 40 minutes with teeth chattering, goosebumps and runny noses. Well, MY nose was runny.

Still, we got some great shots, and I LOVE how the 16x20 canvas is turning out. I've been working on it for days, adding text and distressed layers and hand-coloring. I think I'm on my 6th or 7th version because everytime I'm about to hit the "order" button, I see something else I want to change and I go back to square one.

So I THINK this is the final version:



Two of my Portrait Packages include a custom designed canvas, but I can also add it to any order. The turnaround time is 4-6 weeks.

I am seriously hoping for an early spring. I have a couple of HUGE sessions planned (one is a FAB QuinceaƱera portrait) and I don't want red noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."