Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dressy Casual?

A few months ago the details for my high school reunion were sent out. Apparently things are a little more casual this time than they were at our 10 year reunion, as the dress code is going to be "dressy casual," and the venue is Sunset Station, a club-like place downtown.

Now that seemed simple enough at the time. But as my friends and I are starting to talk about what to wear, I'm getting more confused! According to one source that I googled, the definition says: Dressy Casual usually means no jeans or shorts. Similar to business casual, but a tad dressier.

Hmmm, I told my husband Chip to wear jeans with an untucked shirt, and a friend of mine was thinking of wearing jeans, too. Will they be too casual? Some of my other friends are wearing very nice sundresses with high heels, will they be too dressy?

Isn't the new, more casual style of dressing supposed to make things easier? It isn't! Maybe the invitation should just say exactly what they mean-no formals, no tuxedos, no jeans, no shorts, no t-shirts, no tennis shoes, no flip-flops. Now THAT I can understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."