Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Feeling Inspired: PF Chang's Rock-n-Roll Marathon




Sunday morning found me up at 5:37, out the door at 5:50, and by 6:30 I was somewhere in Scottsdale prepared to cheer on the Rock-n-Roll Marathon runners with my daughter and her cheer team. I was totally dreading this day. I didn't want to go. Turns out, it was a BLAST!

The girls made posters, hung streamers, and they chalked up the street with inspiration and love for the runners:


They also decorated themselves with as much red, fru-fru and silliness they could pile on:




The mom's got into the act as well. That's me, on the right:

They cheered and cheered, for about 4 hours straight!

You could tell that the runners really appreciated it:


These two are the team coaches. Cute, huh?

These were the last runners to go by and our girls were still at it, cheering and excited:



What really amazed me was that the runners were in so many shapes, sizes and levels of fitness. I had always thought that those who ran marathons were the "fittest of the fit." But what I saw was people who looked like everyone else. Some had awesome physiques, but most were just average looking people, out there pushing themselves to be better than they were before. I started thinking that I could do it too.

So now I'm really looking forward to next years marathon, but what I'm thinking somewhere way back in my head is: Wouldn't it be cool to participate this time? Could I do it? Do I even want to try, considering I've never been a runner in my life and I will probably fail?

I think I do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 PM

    You should do it, and so could... Go for it! ~Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really great fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."