Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bugs in your Frame


Do you have a new Digital Frame that you got for Christmas? There has been a lot of talk on the photography forums today about them, because it has been discovered that many of them are infected with a computer virus. A quick google search will find many articles about it, I found this one from the San Francisco Sun Chronicle.

I don't have one and so I'm not very familiar with how they are used, but I think the problem occurs when you attempt to download pictures from your computer to your frame. I assume (and you know what happens when you do that) that it is safe to download the images directly from a camera memory card, but that means that you can't edit the image first. This might not be a problem for some people, but to me, that's like going outside with no clothes on. Unedited pictures are only for me to see!

The article says that there is not much you can do to protect yourself from the virus, because the current anti-virus software has not caught up with this version of the virus.

They do, however, list the phone number of the retailers who are selling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."