Sunday, December 23, 2007

Meet the T family






It can be VERY difficult to relax and be yourself around someone new, multiply the difficulty by ten when that someone new has a camera in your face and is TELLING you to relax and be yourself. But somehow, this family had no problem.

I met them for the first time on the day of our shoot, but you'd never know it. The awkward moments lasted, oh, maybe 10 seconds. After that, everyone was ready to have fun. I love it when that happens. It makes getting great shots so easy for me.

Now here is the thing, the reason these shots are so precious, so meaningful, so tear-jerky for anyone who knows them: These two adorable kids, kids who obviously (as you can tell in the pictures)adore their dad, won't be able to see him for months and months. Dad is leaving in a week or so to go overseas because he is in one of the Armed Forces. These photos are going to go with him, bound into a little leather album, so that he can take it out and remember his two perfect kids.

I knew all of this going into the session, and so I was a little anxious about the whole thing. I REALLY wanted to do a great job. But as the session unfolded I knew it was in the bag, and it wasn't anything I did or didn't do. They did it all just by loving each other, and letting it show, even to a perfect stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."