Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Close to my sister's heart

There is a little baby boy named Ethan Powell that my sister Andie prays for. He has leukemia, and he's just 6 months old. I promised her that I would put the link to his website here on my blog, because he needs every prayer that he can get.

Ethan Powell

He is at St. Jude's hospital, and the next couple of weeks are critical. Here is a quote from his dad,

"Today Ethan will begin chemotherapy that is intended for ages 1-21. It is very intense. THIS IS THE TIME TO RALLY UP PRAYER WARRIORS! I know that most of you are emailing everyone you know, but I guarantee you there is at least one person out there that has the influence of reaching thousands of people quickly. Whoever you are, I am praying for your help! While we wait for June 15th... these will be a very trying, faith testing 12 days. I want to stress this.... I am not even worried 1%, just read any post or ask anyone that has spoken with me. It would be impossible to hide doubt in a situation like this. I am asking you to pray for a miracle and believe with me. God has the power to heal. I am praying that he will display that power in my son's life. PRAYER WORKS!!!"


Now I don't think my sister knows him, but for some reason this particular boy has grabbed her attention, because she has mentioned him to me a few times. Maybe the power of our prayers will the miracle he needs.

I'm praying too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."