Monday, February 27, 2012

Wall Gallery in the Abrahamson Home





TO REALITY:





I love it when everything comes together after all of the planning, the photo session, the ordering meeting, and the many decisions and changes that go into creating a custom photo Wall Gallery. My absolute favorite moment is right after I have helped my client get their images hung on the wall and then we step back and admire our work.

The images above are from the home of Marcia and Rich Abrahamson. They chose to do a Wall Gallery using the images from their family session, and I was so happy with how it all turned out. We used hand-made custom frames that were created with exactly the colors the Marcia chose and in the sizes that I recommended. The three 5x5 images on the left are of her three children, there is a family group portrait on the top right and on the bottom right, the image that is everyone's favorite, a back-lit family silhouette.

One of the reasons that I started offering custom frames and Wall Gallery design is because of how important I think it is to display your family images as Art. Now that photography is digital, I believe that most of us are leaving our pictures on the computer and failing to print them. I'm guilty of it, I know my friends are (I know because I asked on FB recently), and I hate to see my clients do it. Our kids should see us print their images, put them in amazing frames, and hang them in a prominent place in our homes. It tells them that they are special and that we think they are beautiful and important.

Marcia has told me how friends and family walk into her home and immediately are drawn to her photographic art and just oooohhhh and ahhhhh over her children. I know this makes her feel fantastic, and it makes me oh-so happy to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
Mom of four fantastic, funny kids. Freakishy addicted to hot tea and cold cereal. Fantasizes about a future in photography. Loves to death her fun friends, funky family and football (just ask anyone). This has been brought to you by the letters "Ph."